The Kasa Smart Spot is a Nest-like security camera made by TP-Link. With the Kasa Smart Spot connected to your home network, you can see what happens in your home even when you’re away. This keeps your home safe and give yourself a little peace of mind — all while seeing every detail on your phone.
You can set up and use your Kasa Smart Spot alone, or use it together with other smart home devices including plugs, bulbs, switches and more. All
these can be achieved on the Kasa app, which provides:
- Simple Setup
- Easily connects your camera to your home network and place it almost anywhere.
- Live Video and Two-Way Audio
- View 1080P full HD video and connect with your family instantly from anywhere at any time with your phone
- Free Cloud Storage
- Record up to two days of video activity per camera at no cost and save favorite moments to your phone. Upgrade options available
- Activity Detection
- – Immediately alert you whenever it detects motion, keeping you and your family aware of what’s going on
Pros: Great camera at an affordable price and less expensive then the Nest camera
Cons: 2.4 GHz WiFi Only, indoor-only camera.
Step 1. Download Kasa
Get the Kasa for Mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play, or by scanning the QR code below
Step 2. Log In
Open the app, and log in with your TP-Link ID. If you don’t have an account, create one first
Tap the + button in the Kasa app and select Kasa Smart Spot. Follow app instructions
to configure your camera and add it to your home network.