You can join the Facebook research study, “Project Atlas” and earn $20 a month from your participation.
The link to sign up is: https://my.betabound.com/key/atlas
While signing up, enter “[email protected]co” or “Proper diamondback” in the referral code section.
You may also want to review the NDA and Tester Participation Agreement.
Whether you’re participating in Project Atlas or not, you are eligible to receive $20 for every qualified referral into the Atlas project. That’s on top of the $20/month participation incentives on this project (if you participate yourself).
Important notes before you submit your referrals
- Referred users cannot already be participating (or previously participated) in this project
- Referred users’ device cannot be previously registered on Project Atlas or Kodiak
- Referred users must register and install the app within two weeks of this email
- Referred users must participate in at least one qualified calendar month
- Device qualifications:
- iPhones (all models and versions)
- Android phones on Android Marshmallow or earlier. (Note: if referred users have Android Nougat or higher, we will notify them once they qualify for this project)
Jan 31, 2018
“Long Disclosure” – Inside Betabound Flow
Thank you for participating in Facebook’s research about how people use apps. This research helps Facebook understand how people use mobile apps so we can improve our services and introduce new features for millions of people around the world. In order to do this, we ask that you install our research software on your phone. Here, we’ll explain a bit how we collect information from this software and what it means for you.
By installing this software, you’re giving us (Facebook) permission to collect data from your phone that will help us understand how you browse the internet, and how you use the features in the apps on your device. This data will only be used by Facebook, and won’t be shared with unaffiliated third parties.
This means you’re letting us collect information such as which apps are on your phone, how and when you use them, data about your activities and content within those apps, as well as how other people interact with you or your content within those apps. You are also letting us collect information about your internet browsing activity (including the websites you visit and data that is exchanged between your device and those websites) and your use of other online services. There are some instances when we will collect this information even where the app uses encryption, or from within secure browser sessions.
Please enter in your Username and Password below to agree to participate in the research. By doing so, you’re also agreeing to keep this research, and your participation in it, strictly confidential, and not disclose any information about this project to third parties.
We appreciate your participation. You can stop participating in the research at any time. To do so, please contact Betabound at [[email protected]] for uninstall instructions.
Congratulations on being selected to participate in this unique research project! Centercode, Inc., which owns and operates Betabound, is managing this project on behalf of its client, Facebook, Inc. and its affiliates (“Facebook”). Facebook is conducting this research to gather data about day-to-day mobile phone and app usage in America. Participants in this research project will install a Facebook research app connected by VPN (virtual private network) on their approved mobile devices, and use these connected mobile devices normally for a period of thirty days.
This is your agreement with us (Centercode, Inc.) describing your minimum participation obligations to receive an incentive and other terms and conditions of your participation. Your participation in the research program is VOLUNTARY and you are free to opt out at any time.
Upon your execution of this agreement, you are bound by the following terms and conditions:
- REQUIRED PARTICIPATION ACTIVITIES. You agree to meet the following minimum participation standards:
- Install and connect the research app promptly after requested. We will provide you with installation instructions for the research app and VPN connection. Please complete the installation instructions completely after receiving them and within the required time period. Contact us if you have any installation questions.
- Allow the installed and connected research app to function each day during a consecutive thirty-day period while you use your device. The research app functions when your phone is on and you are connected to wifi or data with your VPN connection turned on. Participants must use their phone normally with the research app installed and connected each day for thirty (30) consecutive days in order to qualify for the participation incentive described in Section 2.
- Respond to our requests. If we need clarification on any item, we will reach out and request additional information. Please respond back in a timely manner.
- If requested, uninstall the research app. You must uninstall the research app upon our request or at the request of Facebook.
- Your participation is voluntary at all times. You may opt out of the research project and uninstall the research app. and VPN. While your participation is voluntary at all times, if you have not satisfied the project requirements, you will not be entitled to the participation incentive.
- PARTICIPATION INCENTIVE. You agree that you are not entitled to be paid or compensated in cash or otherwise by us or by Facebook except as expressly provided in this agreement. You agree that you are not entitled to be reimbursed for any expenses. If you successfully complete the required participation activities in Section 1 above for the required time period, you will receive a $20 gift card, such as to Amazon.com. Your participation incentive is provided for complete satisfaction of the research project requirements.
- DURATION OF THE PROJECT. The duration of the research project is thirty (30) days. However, we reserve the right to discontinue the project at any time, including before or during its term. Unless you are notified in writing that the project has been extended or the project has been terminated early, the project and your ability to qualify for any participation incentive will terminate at the end of its initial thirty-day period, even if you keep the research app installed, connected and/or functioning. You are not entitled to any additional incentive for time periods beyond the initial thirty-day period unless we notify you otherwise in writing that the research project has been extended for an additional period of time. If it is extended and you continue to participate, this agreement will continue to govern the terms and conditions of your participation in the research project as between you and Centercode.
- NO CENTERCODE WARRANTIES ON RESEARCH APP AND INSTALLATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The research app and installation is Facebook’s and not Centercode’s. We were hired by Facebook as a service provider. YOUR USE OF THE RESEARCH APP AND INSTALLATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE TO HOLD CENTERCODE AND ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE RESEARCH APP AND INSTALLATION. CENTERCODE’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED TO PAYMENT OF PARTICIPATION INCENTIVES OWED TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. We make no warranties of any kind, express, implied, or statutory, written or oral, regarding the research app and installation, including but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. If any part of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, all other parts of the agreement will remain in full force and effect. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California (excluding its choice of law provisions) and all disputes under this agreement shall be resolved in a court of competent jurisdiction in Orange County, California. This agreement may not be modified or amended except by the written agreement of both parties.
ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT
By entering my username and password below to execute this agreement:
- I confirm my agreement to participate in the Facebook research project;
- I confirm that I am at least 18 years old, reside in the United States, and have full authority to enter into this agreement and participate in the research project using my device; and
- I agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
Don’t want your upstream providers looking at all your traffic?
You should probably use a VPN