After receiving the below error message, and being unable to fix the problem with the ‘advanced users’ suggestion, I found the solution to be to set your DNS to google’s DNS servers of 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
Spotify desktop client communication failed.
Having trouble logging in to Spotify?
- You must have an existing Facebook-connected Spotify account to use the “Login with Facebook” button.
- If you have a Facebook-connected Spotify account, you can also login using your Facebook email address and password as your Spotify username and password. (These won’t be stored.)
- Internet Explorer 11 users: to use the “Login with Facebook” button, add https://login.spotify.com
to the Trusted Sites security zone.
- Advanced users: in order to use the “Login with Facebook” button, ensure that login.spotilocal.com resolves to 127.0.0.1. Network security protections might interfere with this.
- Still need help? Visit Spotify Community for more information.